West Highland White Terriers or westies are known as brave, small and friendly dogs. Originaly they ware developed in West Scotland for game hunting (fox and badgers), but now one of most popular companien dogs.
Westie is a small dog, their height at the withers usually are about 28cm, weight arround 10kg. Strong and compact body, white double and dense coat (soft underlayer, streight and hard top coat). Their legs are short, mascular and strong. Their head looks too small for their body, so we grow hair longer on this part and even make it look as fluffy as possible in dog shows. Teeth are big and strong. Nose and eyes are black, it looks very contrasty in white fur, like three coal peaces. Thats why their face looks sweet and gentle.
1. Their origin country - Scotland.
2. Their ware "made" to hunt
3. They can find joy in simply things.
4. They really love to live.
5. Super exciting temperament: bark, chase, be bossy, persistent, stuborn, impulsive
6. They have double coat: short undercoat (soft) ant top coat (streight and hard). It almost doesnt sheds.
7. Hard to train. As they are bossy and stuborn.
8. They get along with other dogs and cats.
9. Usualy they love to bark.
10. Less bathing the better.
1. Puppies are cute as pies.
2. They are so photogenic.
3. They love being outdoors, any weather.
4. The weather is never an issue for them.
5. They will make you smile or laugh every single day.
6. Naughty is in their bones but wouldnt you forgive that cute face.
7. They love kids.
8. Their head tilt is something.
9. Intelligent dog.
10. Two west highland white terries stand double of everything above.
A study in Japan found dogs and humans were engaging in cross-species gaze-mediated bonding using oxytocin system. When humans and dogs stare into each other's eyes, they each register a spike of the so-called "love drug", oxytocin.
Neuroscientist Gregory Berns scanef dog brains, it showed the canine brain lights up differently when a dog sniffs its owner.
Even if it isn't love, it seems there's an emotional connection between the two species.